Be wary. Scammers operate in dating. It does not mean that most Russian girls are scammers. Most Russian girls are serious and real, but they have their own life, they have to work, they want to sleep at night, they have friends. Scammers are very active, they go to one site and write to all men there, then go to another site and write their messages there and so on. They are first to begin correspondence (that many Russian girls do rather reluctantly and mostly in wink form, as it is considered here more “feminine”). They can communicate with thousands (Russian women work and can’t allow to communicate the whole day, they limit the number), they can communicate with men much older than them (Russian women prefer to write to men not more than 20 years older than them, and if they are 18-25 then usually maximum 10 years older than they).
1. Firstly – beware of a GREAT photo on the site. Do not fool yourself. Having a photo says nothing about it belonging to the person responding. I am asked to verify “these Russian girls” on my scammer site. They were usually men, who made scamming their profession, or who use their mother’s or girlfriends’ real name and surname needed for postal address to receive money through Western Union. There is no way you can know that the name of a woman you get is a Russian girl of 20, but not a Russian woman of 52, who is just asked by her son or neighbor to go and get money in Western Union office from time to time “for his business”. That is the main problem in combating scammers online. While we can place a warning in the scam lists about a name/photo combination being part of a scam, they just find another picture, register another e-mail address, take another name, and they are ready to continue to “work”. Many are men, and they know what men fall for; they know the nature of a man better than any women knows, and they know how to make a man lose his head. But now that you have read this, you will see immediately when a scam begins to unfold before you. You are forewarned, and you are now armed with invaluable information.
2. A scammer tells a lot about honesty - her honesty and that she wants you to be honest. When somebody asks you a question – what are you? You will tell many adjectives and many names, you can say about your optimism, about your faithfulness, about other traits of character. But the word “honest” is more used by dishonest people. Of course, if you somebody asks you about this you can answer that yes, I am honest, but it is not the adjective that comes often to mind without reason. There are two kind of people who use this word – men (in the long answers on my dating site, they write a long text about how honest they are and then write their email what is prohibited by the site’s rules) and women- scammers. Interesting?
2. The next step in the scam is the “direct” approach - to make a man leave the site’s experienced staff, and to begin to write to her private email. (The letter can be large or small, but after some small talk there is an invitation to write to “her” email directly. If you are standing in the street, and a very nice and interesting girl comes to you and invites you to go with her to a dark alley, will you go???? I think, no, at least, not in all cities. you will realize that you have nothing to wait in those dark alleys except problems Of course, if you have talked with the girl face to face; had a walk with her, and began to feel her personality, moods, and nature; if you begin to feel interested in her and to fall in love with her, then yes, you will want to meet with her directly and intimately, kissing and whispering sweet little nothings to each other. However I doubt this will happen on your first meeting, so why should it happen after one letter? ) Scammers understand that if they begin to work their scam in the site’s system or directly on the site, they will be immediately thrown out by the site’s owners and other men warned. So they need to disassociate a man from the site’s staff and focus their attention exclusively on themselves. Another reason for sites like yahoo and American singles is that they pay from fraudulent credit cards and they know that soon they will be found out. Usually they have 2-4 days before it. That’s why scammers so much like sites where just emails of women are sold. They can put a great photos there, their email will be bought by 200 people in several days – and voila 200 potential victims are in their hands (and they can prolong period of communication until they actually ask money for 2-3 months, can you imagine a number of people who will buy their email at these sites for all these days). But scammers have easy life when they place their ads on the Russian dating site where their emails are sold to men. These sites can’t monitor what happens later. They just sell the emails of interesting girls. And when a girl is really beautiful (and scammers can allow themselves to find great photos ) then there can be about 100 sales of this email each day. Can you imagine this great field for work of the scammer.
3. They write standard letters. Exchanging letters with “her” is the next step in the scam. It’s interesting that in the several last cases of detected scam the “girls” wrote to the men that they work as nurses or doctors in clinics, but maybe it is a coincidence and they can invent different professions. I know of a case when a man and a “girl” exchanged 38 letters in 38 days before the next step, so it depends on the case, but would you believe that a doctor or nurse has the time to write letters daily going to Internet café (yes, at home it is much easier but not in Internet café)?
Very often it is a signature that gives them away, because it is always the same. The scammers write to a large number of men. And so they as a rule have standard letters. Yes, scammers from year to year become more personalized, and they answer some of your questions (usually in the first part of each letter or at the end) and then insert their standard part. How can you see it? Their letters are usually not a dialogue. For example, a man writes that he likes diving and describes where he was and how great it was. What will be the normal reaction? Answer in the next letter, that diving is very interesting (or not for her), that she wanted to try it also (or she is afraid of the water and will always admire your from the shore when you dive) and so on. She can ask something about this or about the places you were. Scammers will usually just write that they like you more and more from your letters and learn about you more and more. They do not support themes to talk about, that’s why (as they want you to have an impression of talking with her and learning with her) they have to write lengthy letters about “their everyday life”, about their girlfriends, parents and so on and how they like what you are writing. Analyze the correspondence and you will see.
When I check communication for men (to see if a girls they are communicating with is a scammer or not) interesting to see these cases: a man wrote in his profile his name from a small letter, then in her letter his name is used in the same way (from a small letter, and it seems that it is automatically inserted) or in letters his country or city is never mentioned (everywhere it is written just “I will go to your country, I will go to your city”).
These scammers are good psychologists, and it can depend on the individual they are trying to scam. Interesting but it is often written that she tells all people around her about this man and they all approve her choice (can imagine a mother who approves of her daughter’s choice without even seeing him in person?).
4. The next warning sign is that the “girl” does not want to give you her telephone number. You will be told that yes, she can communicate each day with you over the Internet (or use the Internet at work), but she has no telephone. Yes, they understand that you want to hear her voice, and in many cases, they will take your telephone and call you, but you won’t be able to call her, not at work, and not at home. These calls are often made at inconvenient time so that you won’t be able to talk about something comprehensible. They are made at night or at the time when you are at work, then they leave some incomprehensible words on your auto responder and hand the telephone.
5. Another warning sign is that you will be told about her love for you very quickly in the relationship. You can expect to have an acknowledgement of love already in the second letter. There are cases when real Russian women can do it also (they are tired of loneliness and they have nobody to turn their affection on).
6. So now we are ready for the “close”. The “girl” thinks that you are ready (especially on ICQ where things start to happen very quickly), and she makes her next move. Sometimes she will say that her girlfriend has a man in Spain, Italy or Germany, and this friend went to Spain and met her man there. Then she says that she wants the same trip, but to you. She wants to come to your country “and have two wonderful months alone with you”. What the two of you will do together will be outlined in great detail, including dancing the first evening, and hiking the next day and so on. There is usually a lot of discussion what you will do together, where you will go, how wonderfully you will spend these two months. She will ask what airport is the closest to you so that she could arrive as much as close to you. What man can refuse such an offer?
7. Of course next she asks for the money to go to Moscow, to apply for a visa and buy tickets to the US (or other country). In some cases, she can ask for US$1500, and in some cases she can say that she has half the money and so “only” needs the second half. It will depend on her “budget”. Be aware that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A RUSSIAN WOMAN TO GO TO USA so easily – COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE. That is usually when I come on the scene. Many men have heard about it, and know it well, so when a woman begins to ask for money to be in the US in two weeks, they come to consult with me about possibilities. We usually do the girl’s identity check straight away and find that all of her story is a fake. I have investigated several hundreds such cases, and I am sure that it can’t be a mistake or the girl’s innocence and naiveté. If a girl asks you for money to go to the USA – Do not fool yourself. She is not an innocent and a bit silly girl who does not know the realities of life. She (as a rule, he) is a thief who is after your money. If you offer to come to her and meet her in her home town, she will refuse point blank, and will insist on her coming to you. The more difficult to determine if it is a fake or not when she is going to arrive to a man from Europe or to Asia counties.
And just one warning in the end. When men have not read about scammers at all, they become easily a victim of scammers. When they read a lot about them, they make another mistake, and soon come to the conclusion that all Russian and Ukrainian women are scammers. Scammers are just very active and they use problems in communicating (men wants women to make the first step, women wait for men to begin communicating) and high expectation of men (when a man is 48-55 and wants to find a beautiful Russian woman up to 30 yo ).
Do not talk about scammers to girls all the time. Scammers won’t mind it and will continue to communicate with you, hoping that one day you will change your mind about them, normal girls will stop communicating. Imagine, you receive a letter from a girl , where she says to you: ” I do not trust you and think, that you are a maniac, all men on this site and on other dating sites are maniacs, they just want to kill women, young women, they just want to hang them and cut the inner parts away. Maybe you are all right, but I doubt, you have a face like a killer.” Will you answer such a girl? Or will you go away hoping to find a normal girl without paranoia. Such letters are sent from time to time to girls by “clever” men who think that such competence will frighten the scammers away. When they find out that all girls become frightened and left them, they just think that they got proves that everybody here are scammers (maniacs J).